Saturday, September 6, 2008

Today

Today has been a little frustrating. Zach woke up twice in the middle of the night, which has become more common for him, grrr. Then I heard him wake up about 8:30 talking and thought "I'll lay here just a few more minutes"... next thing I knew, it was 9:30 and at this point, he was starting to cry to get up. I felt kind of bad. So we got up, I fed him, but he was grumpy in his high chair. I made my eggs and english muffin, got him down and (Warning- gross alert) within seconds of me setting him on the floor, my breakfast came back up. I was like what the heck!?! I haven't been in over 15 weeks! Thankfully we had a small trashcan sitting in the dining room, because I wouldn't have even made it in to the kitchen. So I felt really gross this morning.

About 11:30, Zach was acting sleepy, so I put him to bed for what is usually a 2 hourish nap. No, he played and talked and whimpered for 45 min, so I finally got him back up and he played until 1:30 when it was so ready for bedtime. Put him to bed, and he fell asleep for 25 min!!! I was so annoyed. I didn't even get the dishes finished. So I got him up, finished the dishes, and when I closed the dishwasher, he just lost it and wouldn't stop crying for like 3-4 minutes, so I put him back to bed. He's in there now, kind of whimpering. We'll see if he falls asleep. I REALLY hope so because I'd like to clean the bathrooms while he's sleeping and maybe even take a shower myself. So, that's been today thus far. Exciting huh? Oh, and Jon's working. He'll be home around 6. I'm a bad wife and haven't even thought of dinner yet. All I can think is "Ordering a pizza sounds great." because it's just been one of those days...

In other news, we're feeling so blessed and thankful. One Wed., one of the mom's in playgroup came up and asked me if we needed a crib. Apparently her neighbor was done with theirs and wanted to give it to someone who needed it. And boy do we! That's one of the things that's been hanging over our head to prepare for Hannah. I'm so thankful. Jon just keeps saying "See, I told you it'd all work out." haha.. yeah, I know, he just has better faith than me sometimes. Well, that's all folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey don't feel bad about letting Zach stay in his crib even if he is not asleep. Hannah wakes up and plays in her crib in the morning for about 45 minutes (very happily) before she fusses and I just enjoy the extra sleep or fix myself a quick breakfast.
Also, starting at about 12 months Hannah started playing in her crib before she would take her nap. A few times she played for ONE HOUR before falling asleep. Don't worry about it and let him hang out in his crib for "quiet time" even if he doesn't nap. You need the break!!
And take it from a girl who has been there, when you have a baby and are very pregnant, ordering in or eating out are totally fine!!

The AF Wife said...

Thanks joanna. Yeah, i usually let him play about 30-45 min while I keep sleeping, but that day was MUCH longer than normal lol.

I might start trying to get him to take a nap and let him play for a while beforehand. I hate to see him get rid of his morning nap! Esp because he now sleeps from like 2-4 but is dying for sleep by 6/6:30 lol.

And yeah, we ordered pizza that night haha! Thanks :)