Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lesson learned and scary moment

Well, Jon got to do the first "Honey fix-it project" the other night... PSA- Do NOT run the disposal with the thing FULL of carrot peels, and then try again after the sink starts to fill up. He had to disassemble the disposal, and a huge pile of carrot peels fell out, along with all the water that had filled up in the sink. Note to self- next time, just throw them all away instead. It's not that hard.

So yesterday, I got the chance to go shopping- ALONE!... when Jon called and I could tell he was really upset (totally unlike Jon!) Apparently Zach had found a quarter and Jon went to grab it and Zach shoved it in his mouth. Jon said he was up to his knuckles in Zach's mouth trying to get it out and that Zach was starting to turn blue by the time he got it out! Praise God Jon was able to remain calm and get it out. I honestly don't know if I would have been able to remain calm. And thank God he was in the same room, because Jon said he couldn't make any noise. Jon was sooo shaken up and said he's never been so scared in his life! Poor Jon kept having bad "what-if" dreams all night long.

How do kids manage to find the small things, the things you don't even realize are hiding where they're hiding?? He's sooo good at it. This has just scared both of us a lot.

3 comments:

Just the 5 of us said...

Oh my gosh, that's so scary. I'm so glad Jon was there.

Anonymous said...

Here is a trick I learned. If Hannah had something small and I said "Hannah NO don't eat it!" she would shove it right into her mouth before I could take it, but if I said very calmly, "Hannah, can mommy have that?" and held out my hand she would just give it to me no problem. That worked for me and disaster averted! =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jo... I wish that would work. Sadly, I've tried that, and he pauses, looks at you, laughs and shoves it in. Sometimes he does the shoving first, then the laughing. But I've been trying more things like that lately, so maybe he'll start going for it again. He's such trouble sometimes lol (Trouble in a fun way usually though)