Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Actual post

I guess I can do an actual post too... Umm... I'm 26 weeks pregnant with Hannah. (lol, I wrote that without the word "weeks"... trying to make myself older than I am heehee)... she is soooo different in the womb that Zach was. she flips and rolls a lot. Breech, transverse, normal, etc. It's really weird and odd. I'm starting to get really anxious. I have this huge feeling that she's going to come really early, so I've made a list of things we need to do to get ready. The one that's stressing me out the most is trying to set up childcare for Zach when I go in to labor. Plus there's paying off the doula, finding childcare for birthing classes, taking the birthing classes, writing out my birth plan, painting Hannah's room, getting new furniture for Zach (she gets the nursery furniture since it has the changing table), etc etc etc.

In other news, I'm learning to sew. I couldn't find what I wanted in baby bedding for the price I wanted, so I'm making it! I've made Zach a new set of sheets (Flannel green camo with frogs on it heehee) and I've made Hannah's sheets. I think I'm going to make the dust ruffle next, if not the bumper. The material is 2 kinds... one is pink with what looks like a white overlay. However, the overlay isn't an actual overlay, it's printed in the material. But I felt like it was too much pink, so I got white material with pink polka dots to calm it down a little. Now I'm trying to decide though if I want to paint the room pink as well, or if that'd be too much. I'm thinking about trying to throw some lavender in somewhere, but i don't know.

Zach is growing so fast. He'll be one at the end of the month! We're planning a small BBQ for a few other couples we know and a little cake for him. He's walking everywhere and gets so excited doing it. He also climbs EVERYTHING. His newest thing is to climb up the tv cabinet and stare at the tv for a while. But then, he can't get down and starts to cry. Yesterday, I had moved the trashcan in to the dining room so i could mop the kitchen... I found Zach sitting on the floor, trashcan pulled over, with black beans, salsa, tea bags, a bottle with some formula I had to throw away and more, all over the floor. I said "What did you do!" and he just looked at me and smiled and clapped. How are you suppose to stay serious and "discipline" in that case when all I'm trying to do is not crack up laughing, even though I'm really kind of mad. The way kids can make you get past anger is amazing lol.

Jon's sister had her baby, Christopher Damian, on Friday night. He was born at 11:57pm, and her birthday was Sat. heehee. He just barely missed being born on her birthday. Congrats to Mary and Tim! One of Jon's sisters also got engaged recently, so it looks like we're going to be going to MO in Jan. I'm really hoping we'll be able to get to FL some time at the beginning of next year as well. Anyway, that's all I can think of right now. OH! And I may have posted about it before, but we LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE our new house. :)

1 comments:

Just the 5 of us said...

Can't wait to see all the pink!