The first day of 2012 was overall good. I wasn't a "good" Christian. I did lots of housework. I got the dishes done, finally put away TONS of laundry and cleaned my shower. I disassembled the drain outside our tub and took out a HUGE chunk of hair because it kept overflowing, getting water a foot away from the drain. My husband and I moved the bookcase in to the office-well, I guess it's the spare room now- and my desk in to the den. I was struggling using it in the spare room because I couldn't keep an eye on the kids and be in there to work on things. I took some stuff to the basement storage room, and brought up a box and packed a few Christmas things. I sat down and put all my new recipes I've printed in my food notebook, and wrote down several meals to cook through the week. I really thinking having a list of meals I could cook will help me be more organized about cooking. I also figured out how to download my pump to my computer- good thing since I've had it about 10 months, and have a new doctor appointment with a German doctor on Tuesday. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to that.
The bad part of today was mass. Oh.my. BAD. Our kids apparently have horrible cabin fever and are bouncing off the walls because it's so wet outside. Clearly I need to let them go out and play in the mud anyway, because they were HORRIBLE in church. After mass, Jon made them kneel and say 3 prayers with him. Then somehow, we still went to Burger King for dinner. Why? Because I did NOT want to go home and make dinner, so it was a treat for me lol. We were going to go to Chili's, but since it's New Years Day, it was closed. So, Burger King it was.
I also decided to try again and do the 365 day picture challenge like I did last year and failed in May. Here's today's picture- The 'best' of the 20 or so I took. Abby didn't want to sit still. They're all in red because it's still Christmas, and they didn't go to mass on Christmas, so I wanted them to get to do the Christmas dress up. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment