Well, life in a foreign country definitely has it's frustrations. I've had several lately. Our cable (Tv and internet) provider just decided to go digital. They emailed everyone saying swing by and pick up the new box you need for your cable. (We had the very small package, just €20 extra a month, so we could have Disney, National Geographic, a few extras since tv is different here.) We go to pick it up, and it costs €90 to get! No where in the advertisements/communication did it say that. I let them know that was ridiculous, and instead canceled our cable and sent an email to their customer service, although I don't expect a reply. I'm still furious about it.
Then I went to the Post Office to pick up a package. After waiting in line for 45 minutes, I got told we didn't have a package. Either they gave me two slips for the package I already picked up, or they miss placed it, but I could just wait until I got a second notice. That's the second time in a month it's happened! GRrr.. I wish I could just have mail delivered to my house.
Then I went to the grocery store. Strawberries were on 'sale' for $1.99! That's great compared to the $3.36 they've been (or at one point, $8.11!!!). So I went to check out, and they ran up as $3.36. I noticed and complained and the woman said "Oh yeah, it's been ringing up wrong." Umm... then why isn't it getting changed if I'm not the first to complain? And the part that gets me, that happens ALL.THE.TIME. here!!! Seriously, I can tell you at least 5 stories of things being marked one thing and ringing up the wrong (more expensive) price in the past two months. Sometimes they honor the marked price, other times they don't, and you have to catch it. So that means you have to make sure you're watching every thing as it's being rung up. And this is only on the base.
Oh, and there's the issue that the government still owes us a few grand, and then, for some mysterious reason, our paycheck this week was a few hundred dollars short. But can we check our "paystub"? no, because we only get it at the end of the month. And can we call finance? No, because they only do communication via email here, and we've only been emailing them for 3 months with no reply.
So, these are a few of the frustrations. In happier news, my husband actually had today off for MLK Day. Normally he never gets a 3 day weekend because his job can't afford people to be off for 3 days in a row. But, because he's in school and not at work for a few weeks, he got it off! Wahoo! So what exciting things did we do? Nothing. Well, we got a few random things done I've been needing my husband to do, and today went on a huge walk, including some jogging for the kids and I. My middle child is a great motivator. She loves to run and says "Hurry mommy, don't stop! We've gotta beat the boys!" Loved it heheee.
Also, we've been homeschooling finally. This is why I haven't had the time to blog. Every time I sit down to work on the computer, I'm usually looking up stuff for preschool. We just began letter "C" this week. Maybe I'll write more about that later, if I get time. ;-)
And in final news, I'm considering participating in a 3 month "Biggest Loser" program on base. I can either participate, or pay to possibly win. I'd be SHOCKED if I won, but hey, maybe it'd motivate me even more. Either way, maybe if i do it, it'd give me the push I really need to lose weight. MAYBE. ;-)
1 comments:
I am so sorry for your frustrations! I can understand being upset about all the things you mentioned. Hopefully things get worked out with your cable and the money you are owed!
Post a Comment