Today during lunch, my older two were admiring a Holy Family scene that was on the table. The conversation went something like this:
Zach: Mommy, Mary used her scarf to wrap Jesus up. Why?
Me: Well, he was probably cold....
Zach: Mommy, why don't they have any children?
Me: They do! They have Jesus!
Zach: No, they need two more kids. They need 3 kids!
Me: Oh? They do?
Zach: Yeah! They do. They need 3 just like us. Two more girls.
Me: Well, next time you pray to Jesus, let him know.
Zach: Mommy, why don't they take Jesus to Church?
Me: They do.
Zach: But I've never seen him. (He's thinking BABY Jesus, as opposed to Jesus on the cross)
Me: Well... ::thinking:: Well, Jesus isn't alive anymore, to where we can see him. He's in heaven. But he's in church. Remember on the cross?
A few moments later. Zach: But? Jesus became God?
Me: Well, kind of. He's the same person. Like you call Daddy "Dad, Daddy, Father, and I call him Jon", well, Jesus and God are the same.
Zach... no more words, just quietness. After about 2 minutes, I notice it's completely quiet from the two kids. I asked them why they're being so quiet.
Zach: Because, it's nice. Let's all be quiet. No talking.
Zach: Because, it's nice. Let's all be quiet. No talking.
Hannah: Yeah, because Abby is asleep.
Wow! For a four year old, this kid threw me some tough Spiritual questions today! I love seeing his mind work, but man, I'm not quick enough on my feet!! Looking back, I could have said things better, but oh well. I have years to continue to form him. It's also hard to try to give an answer on a 4 year old level.
0 comments:
Post a Comment