I had my first endocrinology (for T1 diabetes) appointment the other day with my new doctor, a German, off-base doctor. I was so nervous, was 15 min late, cried climbing the stairs to find the office. I finally figured HUGE letters across the door might be a doctor's office and went in. It was. I still don't understand why "PRAXIS" was across the door, when that means surgery according to my translate book... Endocrinologists don't do surgery that I'm aware of, or at least, never in the 26 years I've dealt with one have I had surgery... Although Google also says it translates "Practice".
Anyway, aside from being stressed, it was okay. Although, not much of an "appointment". More a meeting with the doctor where she told me "I dont understand any of these (convenient) printouts. Here's a logbook, write down a week's worth of sugars and bring it in next time." I HAVEN'T USED A LOGBOOK IN 10+ YEARS!!! Ugh, outdated Europeans.... And it's really easy to understand if you look at them. You have minimed patients, since you assumed that's the pump I use, why don't you understand the minimed software???
So they took blood for my Hemoglobin A1C, and made me two appointments for the future, one to come in and do lots of labwork-fasting, ugh- and an ultrasound (!?!?). Apparently to look inside, like at my bones from what the nurse tried to say when trying to find the English word... I'm still uncertain. Then I have to go back a week after that. Unfortunately, I made the appointments for a bad time, so need to call and try to reschedule. Like bad time as in my husband will have our one vehicle and there's no way to get there.
Which is another fun thing we're about to deal with. The husband will be in a very special 'school' for about 6 weeks. This is awesome and i'm very proud of him. However, it will be about 20 minutes away, and we only have one vehicle... this will be a BLAST! :)
Fun times, fun times. Now to dishes and then I'm determined to sew something I desperately need today. Pics to follow if i get it done! :)
3 comments:
In Australia a doctors office is called a Surgery or Practice. My two resident German speakers said in Germany Praxis means Practice.
Kris in Abu Dhabi
Ahh! Very interesting! Thanks Kris! Maybe I should write the author of my translate book ;-)
Akk, I dunno if I would handle this as well as you are! Let us know how it goes with the following appointments!
Post a Comment