Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Big" news


It's "D" Week in our home this week, meaning I have kids walking around on all fours barking and roaring like dogs and dinosaurs. I have beautiful pictures of Daniel and lions colored and a great "D" made in to a dinosaur.
They actually worked on this together, and you can sort of see their names. Hannah has a yellow "H" and purple "A" on the left, along with what looks like an M/N/W mixed. Zachary is at the top in black, spelled backwards because he insisted that's how he wanted to write it. Oh, and with an extra "H" thrown in. Not sure if this should concern me or not yet... But I was VERY impressed with how well he cut the shapes out, as he hasn't touched scissors in a loooooong time. (Like, over 8 months probably? They were hidden because of the 3 haircuts in 1 week sister did.) He found this sitting on my desk. I had told him what we WERE going to do with it yesterday, and today I found him cutting it all out. I pulled up the original on the computer and they'd run and look at it, then run back and put theirs together. I was so impressed with how well they were working together, and how well they did with it. The neck is on top of the head because there was no neck in the one online, so he glued the head down first. He asked where that was suppose to go and when I said it was the neck, this is what he did ;-)

My husband even read several "D" books to them tonight, about ducks, and dalmatians and other great things.
Luke 6:31- Do unto others as you would have them do to you- is getting repeated often. And I've even used it a few times in the "Would you want your sister to do that to you? Remember our "D" Bible verse? Let's not do that then!"

But I'll be honest. I haven't done nearly as much as I'd hoped. It's been a CRAZY week. Monday we walked to MOPS (as my husband is at school with our vehicle every day.) Tuesday I had two friends over to make bath salts for our Catholic Women of the Chapel meeting (CWOC), and one stayed until hubby got home. Wednesday I had another friend whom I hadn't seen in over a month over, and really enjoyed her company.

Today we walked again, this time to Bible study, and I became the "THIS HOUSE MUST GET CLEANED!!!" Mom. Ok, so it really just got picked up. And kind of swept. In fact, half of the dirt is still sitting in a pile under the broom, because I had hoped to finish sweeping it all eventually, and never did. Maybe tomorrow right? I did run the dishwasher and handwashed a few other dishes! Now that's a rarity for me. And then spent the evening reading homeschooling blogs. Well, I take that back. That was my PLAN, until I got a nice coupon from Joanns with FREE SHIPPING, and ended up purchasing some craft supplies, well, a lot of craft supplies, for the kids... then read a few blog posts, then decided to update mine!

And here we are. Then tomorrow, I'm watching my friends' kids for her in the morning. I'm praying that maybe it's warmish outside, (You know, a warm "high of 40") because man, my kids are going insane inside!! But today was pretty cold. I did NOT enjoy walking in the cold. It's suppose to rain tonight though, so we may not make it out :-( We'll have to see.

Oh, and the BIG news? Tomorrow is our FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! WAHOO! I NEVER would have thought we'd be celebrating our 5th Anniversary with 3 kids between 1 and 4, having lived in SC, CO, FL, and now Germany, with a year long deployment in there, having lived in 5 apartments/houses (6 if you count the month in the hotel ;-)), become Godparents 3 times, been blessed to be aunt and uncle so many more times, see 6 of our siblings get married since us, gone to Rome, umm... yeah, not sure what else. As I said in my New Year Post, I'm excited to not have anything planned for 2012. (Should I knock on wood haha?)

Anyway, I am sooooooo thankful and blessed for the man in my life, my husband, my love, my companion and partner, my helpmate, my support, my world. God has taught us so much, and blessed us so much and all I can say is I am eternally thankful for the man God has given me.

2 comments:

Stina said...

Congratulations!!!!

Emily said...

Happy late anniversary!! (Sorry I am behind on my blog reading!)