Thursday, February 9, 2012

A day in our life


Yesterday was a good day in our home. Actually, several have been lately. So I thought I'd blog about yesterday.

The older two kids slept until 7:45, and played nicely in Zach's room until 8:15, when I rolled out of bed. They played most of the morning, doing their own things. About 11:30, I got ready to work out, and daddy surprised us by walking in the door during lunch. I was so happy and thankful! The kids had been begging me to listen to an audio book we'd checked out from the library- The Polar Express. I know, it's a Christmas book. But Express starts with an "E". It was the book, with the CD along with it to listen to. I had no idea when I checked it out, but my kids LOVE LOVE LOVE listening to it. Sorry library, we may recheck this out and keep it the full 9 weeks haha! So daddy read that to them, then began reading them some other books, while I worked out. I was so thankful, because normally they're running around me, or whining the entire time I'm trying to get my exercise on.

Exercise? Oh yeah! I've been going about a week now. I started a fit club challenge with about 50 other moms through our MOPS group. I'm not in it to win it, but it's definitely giving me the motivation i need. I've been eating a LOT more fruits and vegetables, and feeling a lot healthier in just the week I've been eating better and working out.

Anyway, back to the day. At some point in the morning, my youngest kept throwing fits and tantrums. So bad that I had to go set her on her sister's toddler bed and walk away, letting her scream it out. Not sure what her problem was. At another point, my middle child got hurt, so I'm sitting in the den, holding her and comforting her while she's screaming in pain. (She wasn't that hurt, but she's all about "Go big") Baby sister comes in and sees me holding older sister, and LOSES it, trying to pull H out of my arms and throwing a complete tantrum when she didn't get her way. So I was left with 2 girls screaming and crying. My poor neighbors were probably about to call the police.

Speaking more of baby sister. She's 17 months old. She has started something new... tattling! How, you ask, does a 17mo tattle? She comes to me, pats me on the leg or arm saying "mom, mom, momma" several times until I look, and talks baby gibberish, and you can tell she's really upset, and points to where her siblings are. Yesterday she was pointing and I could tell complaining that H had shut the door to their room. Today it was that sister and brother took over the wii board and scale (Our pretend wii board for a kid to use while I work out... and no, the wii's not on, they're all just working out on their own at the moment, but it needs the wii board no matter what ;-)) I love that baby sister has such a spirit, and she cracks me up. Both girls are standing on the wii board at this very moment, leaning to the right, bending, stretching, etc. Love it! Oh, and baby sister I realize took her breakfast plate and put it on their little table, so she's going to grab a few cherrios in between. You need that extra energy to work out Good job baby girls!

Then there was the moment when I found all 3 kids in the bathroom, brushing their teeth. Zach had given out toothbrushes and toothpaste and even brushed baby sister's teeth for her, then let her brush her own... which lasted about 30 minutes as she carried her toothbrush throughout the house. The girl LOVES to brush her teeth.
I digress... So during naps, well, nap, only baby sister took one, the other two worked on a craft. Middle child gave me a pink oval sticker and said "Here mommy, this is for you. It's an (insulin) pump, a pink one, just like yours." So thoughtful! :) They both sat quietly at the table with foam Valentines stickers, and made Valentines for daddy (And decorated my candles). When daddy came home, they showed the cards to him, then said oh wait and ran away. I was making dinner and said "Daddy, go check on them please. It's too quiet." At that moment, they came out of Z's room. They had gotten wrapping paper, scissors and tape and wrapped their cards for him. They were sooo excited they told him to "Rip it open daddy!!!" It was precious to see their giving and excitement over giving to someone else. We then talked about how that was love (Since we're talking about love instead of a letter this week ;-))

Dinner came, and I attempted a new recipe- Enchilada Soup. Delicious, but super spicy. (I did make a few changes to the recipe of course.) The kids weren't fond of it since it was so spicy, so i said they could have a few more chips. My neighbor came up to talk to us for a minute. When she left, I realized the bag was gone! Silly kids. So we then cut up a pineapple for dessert, and watched as the kids all begged for more.

After dinner, we set about to quickly clean the house. And the kids did great! I set the timer and told them anything still on the den floor after 10 minutes was going to become mine for several days. They actually got it all cleaned up in 10 minutes! Happy momma! :) Bedtime went well, surprisingly without a fight from the oldest on wanting to sleep on the floor. Yes, our son wants to sleep on the floor all.the.time. Some times we let him, but not always. He tells us he doesn't sleep well on the floor, yet he wants to sleep there. Crazy kid!

Anyway, that was the highlights of yesterday. Never a dull moment, always something, often times sweet moments. Right now, they're all running through the house, and H is telling baby sister "Come on princess! Let's run fast!" If I say something like "Abby" Hannah corrects me and says "NO! She's Princess!" Thank you for treating your sister so special!

And I'll leave with this picture from the day before. Baby sister loves to climb, and pushed the chairs up to the bookcase. She saw the camera, so did her "Cheese"... which is more a "Eeeee" through her nose.
And a few of daddy with his sweet kids.



2 comments:

BOWquet said...

LOVE this post. You're such an awesome mom!!! :) I miss you and the kids so much!

Emily said...

Aimee you are an incredible Mom! You inspire me!!! :)