Of course, it's the New Year. The holidays have come and are almost gone, and it's a great time to make new changes. What are your changes you hope to make this year?
2011 was a wonderful year for us. Yes, my husband was gone for part of it, but it was still fabulous. My kids finished a year of preschool and loved every bit of it. My brother got married to a wonderful Catholic girl whom I love so much! They also had their first baby, our sweet Goddaughter whom I cannot wait to me. My husband came home, we went on a one month vacation across the country and saw many people we love and had not seen in a year, and won't see for a long time. Then we made the huge move overseas to Germany, and finally got our "own" place in September after not having a place of our own since May 2010. And to top it all of, we got to spend 10 days in Rome, spending time with Jon's brother and watching his ordination. It was fabulous and I cannot be more thankful for all the blessings God has given us.
My new resolutions for 2012 focus around the fact that we have nothing in the future, no big plans. No babies coming, no moves, no traveling, etc. As far as we can tell at this time, 2012 looks to be pretty boring. (And yes, I do realize that can change very easily, but I think every year since we've been married, we've gone in expecting at least one big change.) So now is the time to start some things I've been wanting to start in our home. Here's my 'resolutions' or changes that I can think of.
1) Create more of a schedule and organization in our home. I want to make sure we eat around the same time each day, that I get up at a decent time, that we begin preschool finally, and other things of that nature.
2) Create meal plans to help me be better about dinners, and start to eat healthier. I'd also like to work out, but there are some other health things I need to look in to first.
3) Learn more about my faith, read the Bible and other Christian books and really grow in my faith. This also includes praying more and seeking God in more than I currently do.
4) Blog more- haha, don't laugh ;-)
5) Otherwise, spend less time on the internet. I installed Nanny Chrome tonight to prevent me from accessing my favorite two websites most of the day. Hopefully it helps to keep me accountable, since I can't keep myself accountable.
6) Take better control of my diabetes.
Here's to 2012! Happy New Year everyone!
0 comments:
Post a Comment