Sunday, December 6, 2009

List a Mile long

Of course, it's the holidays. So what does that mean? Lists and lists of things to do. I can't even tell you everything I need to do, and I'm done shopping! Christmas cards, baking, wrapping, mailing packages, finishing both of the wreaths that needed to be redone, clean the house, etc. We have company coming in town on Friday, so it's one of those "I have 5 days to do everything". And this doesn't include the normal stuff, like playgroup's cleaning toys tomorrow night, doc appointment tomorrow, Bible Study on Tues., taking meals to two new mommys on Tues and Wed., playgroup on Wednesday, playdate at my house on Thursday, Holy Day of Obligation on Tuesday, etc. etc. etc. Then I just got an invite to a party on Thurs night. I thankfully am denying the invitation.

Yet, I'm realizing that even though I have this huge list of things to do, I need to stop now and then. I need to read a book or play on the floor with the kids a little. I need to relax and watch a show with Jon. I need to take the time to enjoy the holidays. I am soooo excited about Christmas for the first time in years. I absolutely cannot wait to see my kids and the excitement they get from Christmas this year.

Anyway, I guess my point is, to you, and to myself most importantly, is don't get so overwhelmed by all the "things" this Christmas. remember what it's really about... Jesus' birth, giving, family, spending time together, etc.

Aside from this, last Sat., Hannah just up and decided she wanted to walk, and now she is, all over the house. I LOVE it! It's that wobbly but determined stage. She's following Zach all around wherever he walks. So cute!

0 comments: