Monday, December 21, 2009

And now

We have basically decided that I will go home and live with my parents during Jon's time away, for many reasons. The support of family is very important. Also, we are pretty certain we will be going overseas after his deployment, so I feel it's important for my kids to spend as much time with their extended family as possible before we go. Also, Jon is worried about me living alone with my diabetes, which I can understand.

So now, we have about 7 months to figure everything out and pack, etc. My mind is constantly racing. "Do I want to keep this or put it in the yard sale?" "Will we really use this in Europe? Can I replace it if I decide I want something like it? Does Europe have Goodwill type stores? I mean, that's where the majority of our belongings and the kids' clothes come from after all. Should I put this in storage or take it to FL with me? Is this worth hanging on to until we have another baby, or should i just get rid of it and replace it down the road? All of these questions and I can't stop thinking about moving. However, I also really want to enjoy the remainder of our time here, so I am trying not to think about it too much.

In other news, I am so ready for Christmas! I can't wait to see the kids open their Christmas gifts this year. I can't wait to get the big box of stuff from Santa out of my room. :) I am completely ready, with the exception of wrapping about 5 more gifts. However, that requires cleaning our awful bedroom so I can find the rest of the gifts haha. That's my plan for the afternoon. In fact, it's 12, so I'm going to go put lil man in bed, put dinner in the crockpot, and start my bedroom and cleaning my bathroom.

Today's good deal. I found a Little Tykes bookcase, like we had growing up, in pink, for $6 at the Goodwill today! Super excited about it, as I think they are now collectors items. It looks like the one below.

2 comments:

BOWquet said...

So cute! :)

C.L. said...

that's great you'll get to live with your parents, they'll So enjoy having you babies around and it will help so much. Where in Europe will you think you'll go? Keep us posted! We might be close!