I have shared with a handful of people our sad news. Today, Jon found out he has orders to the Middle East. It's a safe place he's been to many times before, but it's away from us, for a year. He leaves in July. This was a total bombshell to us. We were expecting at least one more year here. During that one more year, we had big plans. Jon was going to apply to Officer Training School, we were going to try to get pregnant again, we were going to go to Rome a year from now for his brother's ordination, we were going to go here and there, etc. Now, none of that will happen. But, it's really amazing how God works...
Jon was going to apply for OTS in December, but the board got canceled. That took some stress off of us, but now we see, it worked out that Jon hasn't been busting his butt to apply, only to find out we couldn't apply. We experienced a miscarriage 2 months ago. We've been waiting on some doctors stuff before we decided to try again. We were planning to in January. Now we're really thankful we had decided to wait until January. We had felt recently like we weren't suppose to go to Rome, even though we really wanted to go. It just didn't feel right for some reason. Now, we know why.
It's amazing to see, when I get out of my "pity-party,- you-stink-Air-Force, you're-messing-up -our-plans" mood, to see how God is and has been working it all out for us. I'm still so NOT happy about it. In fact, I seriously have had crying moments on and off all day, especially when Jon came home and started crying because he's going to miss a year of the kids' lives. Plus, when I'm crying and my 2 year old says "Crying mommy, crying", that doesn't help either.
But, we know this, that God will supply all our needs. We have so much to be thankful for. We're thankful that God let us be stationed here in the beginning of our marriage, so that we could really cultivate our marriage without a deployment for the first 3 and a half years of marriage. We're thankful that God blessed us with two beautiful children during that time. We're thankful that if the kids and I stay here, or if we go back home to FL, we have a support system either way. We're thankful that during Jon's time there, we'll be able to become almost completely debt free. We're thankful that afterwards, we might be able to get orders to Germany and travel throughout Europe during that time.
Now... if I can try and remember all the reasons I'm thankful, and think about the positive instead of the negative, I'd be doing good.
Harga Sunblock Wardah 2017 terbaru
9 years ago
5 comments:
oh Aimee,
I'm so sorry to hear of this and it makes me sad for you guys, but I'm thankful for Jon and his work for our country. I'm very thankful for your love for God and reminding us that no matter the circumstances, we can be thankful.
Aimee,
I am very sorry to hear about Jon's deployment but your attitude is remarkable! It's so awesome that you can see God's hand in all of this and are staying so positive about it! I am also sorry for your loss. You have been a very good friend to me during our infertility trials and I hope I can do the same for you! God bless!
Oh Aimee! I am so sorry for you and Jon. I had no idea. You are so brave and courageous about this whole thing. I could never be...
I sympathize with you for your loss. God's timing isn't always our timing, and it is SO easy to get frustrated when our life plans don't work out like we want them to. Trying to have peace of soul during difficult times is very hard but it makes bearing it easier. I will pray and pray for your family.
With all my love,
Bridget
Thank you for the post, Aimee. Bridget and I will be praying for all of you. Your positive attitude in the midst of this trial is edifying.
Thank you everyone for your sweet words. They are greatly appreciated.
Post a Comment