Thursday, May 7, 2009

Peas

Zach has started saying "Please". Well, "peas", but just the same. And it's soooo cute. He gives you this big smile and says "peas" and gets so excited.

Tonight, he went down stairs and came back up with his detde (aka his blankie... Jon called it a detde growing up, and ever since, for all kids and grandkids after him, that's what it's been called), came up to me waving and saying "Nigh-nigh". ::Ahhh:: Seriously, how is this boy talking already?!!? I said "Are you ready for bed?" and he kept waving and saying it, walking off. So we went to bed. He wasn't happy to change his diaper first, but settled in for prayers. Before I was half done, he was waving to me. I guess he wanted me out of there. (Yet he laid in there talking for 30 minutes still haha)

We've also been trying lately to teach him sign language. I didn't when he was younger, and sort of wish I had, so we're teaching him a few things, so he'll be able to use signs, and also be able to teach them to Hannah. So tonight, he got down from the dinner table, and I said "are you done?" and he made the sign for eat! It wasn't the right answer really, but it let me know he knew what he was doing.

He also has some stuffed animals and is loving them lately. Today, he was walking going "ahh" while hugging one. He put two of them in the swing a few days ago to push them. Last night, he put his bear in his mini Tonka truck and was pushing him around the kitchen. This little boy has totally captured my heart more than I ever thought kids could! I'm so glad my heart softened before getting married about having kids!

As for Hannah, I stopped giving her cereal for a while, because she just didn't seem like she was ready for it. So, I tried again this afternoon. She ate it with so much gusto! She was doing really well and getting excited and happy with each bite.

I bought her some sandles today. I have a complaint about baby shoes! They are never the same size! She has two pair of black dress shoes, both size 2. One falls off, the other is too small. I bought her a pair of pink shoes for the summer, size 2 (Without her there), and they're too big. So today, I found sandles for her at Baby Depot, and ended up getting her one size 1, and one size 2! And get this... Size 2 is "3-6months". My daughter wears almost NOTHING size 3-6 mo anymore, except shoes.. and a size 1 that's 0-3 hahaha! I guess she just has tiny feet.

In other news, we have 5 tulips and 1 dandelion that have bloomed-all yellow! Wahoo. It looks like 2 red tulips will any day now. Also, I added a few more links to my other blogs. Cake Wrecks is HILARIOUS but be warned, some can be a little inappropriate, but they will have you laughing for hours.

With all of this, I shall end my post... Jon will be home soon. He had to work this morning, then got to come home for a few hours, then go back until 10pm. ::Sigh:: So, I'd like to have the dishes done in the next 1/2 hour, so, goodnight to all! Much love from us.

1 comments:

Just the 5 of us said...

Story is a size 1 shoes.. :) She's got tiny feet... And I love shoes!!! She has some white church shoes that I can't put on her. She hates them!

And I cannot wait to hear Z talk! How cute!