Thursday, May 14, 2009

Getting ready

Well, a week from Monday, we are flying to FL! I am so excited. I haven't been home in 15 months and Jon hasn't been to FL in 2 years! We are long overdue. We will be in FL for a little over a week, then driving back across the country in a little less than a week. A trip of this magnitude takes lots of planning. And if you know me at all, you know I'm a BIG planner.

So today, we tried putting 3 suitcases, 2 duffle bags, the pack n play, and the stroller in the trunk to see if it all fits. AND IT DOES! Wahoo, we can fit it all! (I LOVE my trunk in my Impala!!!) So, we'll be good there. I can easily fit between the two car seats (I LOVE the width of my Impala!), so we have room to have someone come with us and drive our car back from the airport. So, I feel like a major part has been checked off.

Yesterday, we FINALLY went and got Hannah's birth certificate, so that's checked off as well. My parents are giving us their Suburban, which is how we're driving back, so we went to the DMV to get what we needed to, so that's done as well. I have also packed a duffle bag full of toys for the plane ride...I wanted to do that now, so it'll be a little while since Zach has played with those toys and he'll be excited for them on the plane. I'm trying to decide if I should take crayons and a coloring book or not. I've also deflated the pool tube to take and bought bathing suits for Hannah and I. Zach needs sandles still, but that can likely wait til FL. I'm not impressed with what I've found for $10 around here.

So yeah, that's what's been going on here, just trying to get ready. I will leave you with two fun videos. The first is of Hannah rolling, with Zach helping her, and all of Zach's words. The second, which I had to put under a different post, is Zach playing pretend with Hannah.

Well, the second one ended up above... it didn't work out the way I wanted, but that's ok :)




0 comments: