Saturday, May 2, 2009

Learning words

So Zach has been learning to talk (say actual words) a lot more lately. His newest one that he likes to say a lot is "clock". Everything is a clock right now. It started because of this... He knows who Jesus is, and points and says "Jesus" when he seems him. Well, Jesus is usually hanging on the wall, so he pointed to the clock and said "Jesus" and we said no, that's a clock. So every time we're at the table, he points to it and says clock.

We are also learning our body parts. We know nose, ears, eyes, toes, feet and kind of mouth... and today, we worked on hair, teeth and tongue.

After dinner, he helped daddy do dishes tonight. Well, "helped". Then, I asked him if he wanted to play legos or read a book. He ran and got a book and got up on the couch, waiting for me (This isn't something we do often, so I was surprised). It was a 500 First words book and he sat there for at least 20 minutes, looking through it. We found shoes, socks, a cat, a dog, and well... a clock... more than *I* thought were in the book (ie a book was a clock, a lamp, etc) I never thought teaching a one and a half year old words would be so fun!

0 comments: