Ok, I'm just going to get on my soapbox, because today at garage sales, I just got sick and tired of it. I don't know if people realize it, but seriously, when you find out someone is pregnant, the ONLY thing you should say to them is "Congratulations!" Maybe I'm happy for you, or how are you feeling... but NOT "Was it planned?" or "Was that a surprise?" That's none of your dang business what someone's sex life consists of! Not "Man, that's close together!" or "You'll have two in diapers" or "Don't you know what causes that" or "Don't you know what birth control is" or "Are you Catholic?" or ANYTHING like that. It is soooo frickin' rude! Someone's family planning is none of your business. Since announcing my pregnancy about a month ago, I have heard all of the above, and more, and frankly, I'm fed up with it. I've talked to other mom's in my church, and they feel the same way. It's not just me!
So, my point is this. Before you make comments like the above, or any others you can think of, think before you speak dangit! Put yourself in that person's shoes. Would you want them asking questions like that. Also think the other way.... if someone's child is 2 yrs old, don't start asking them "Isn't it time for another?" That's just as rude. You never know their circumstances. They may easily be trying to get pregnant, but are having infertility issues and your comment can be like a dagger in the side to them. Please people, for the love of babies, think before you speak regarding children! No matter what, if a child was "planned" by a couple or not, they ARE planned by God, and sometimes He has bigger plans than people realize.
Lately, I've really trying to come up with smartalic answers to give people. "Yes, we planned to have sex."... "nope, I was walking and my dh fell next to me and it just happened.".... "honestly, I don't think that's any of your business.".... "Well, while you're asking about my sex life, when was the last time you had sex?"... etc. I think it's making people realize how stupid they are and shut up.
Getting off my soapbox for now....
Harga Sunblock Wardah 2017 terbaru
9 years ago
3 comments:
Bravo, Aimee. I've heard all the comments, too!
Thanks Charity. I'm sure you have! DH told me this afternoon that one of his coworker said we were rabbits! I was dumbfounded!!!
Amen! A week does not go by that we are not asked if and when we're going to have another baby. I just tell people it's in God's hands. It does get very annoying!
Post a Comment