And we are so happy! We have been in the house exactly a month now. I feel like we're mostly settled. We still have several boxes sitting here and there, but they're things that Jon needs to unpack when he gets a chance. Should be able to happen uhh... when he's on paternity leave maybe lol? ;-)
We went back and forth on the bedrooms. Zach wanted to share with the girls, but we really had a small bedroom for him available. However, the girls' room is HUGE. So, we found a compromise, and it's been great. We took all their closets (In Germany, closets don't come with your home. You buy your own. So the military actually issues them to us) We took their closets and divided the room in 2/3rds with them. He gets the smaller area, and the girls get the larger. Jon was really concerned, but it's been GREAT. One room to clean up, one area for all the toys to be contained in, they can be as loud as they want upstairs, oh, it's great. Here's a few pictures.
You can see here the closets dividing the room and Zach's bed in the back.
The main play area/girls' side
Girl's bed.
Then our room. There's orange curtains, which we don't care about. They work. The red rug will likely leave that area eventually.
Then we used our closets to also divide our room. Behind there is currently boxes we need to get in to still. Eventually the red rug will likely go back there. It also might be used as a nursery area for the baby, but we're not sure yet. The closet on the left came with the house for us to use.
Part of the kitchen.
The "School room". It isn't really set up at all. I'm having a hard time getting down to that little table at this point, so we did the first week there, the rest as been at the kitchen table. I'm hoping to pick up a different table this weekend.
Front door. Kitchen on the right, there's a guest bath with shower on the left next to the coat rack.
The awesome stairs. There is a fireplace on the other side of the wall, and that archway leads to our "library/den" area.
View in to the dining room, with the den just past it.
The library area with the balcony.
Two of our bookcases with our tv shrunk we bought when we rented the house. LOVE that we can hide (AND LOCK) our entertainment center!!! Best part is the kids ask to watch tv much less when it's closed. ;-)
There's also a great backyard, and the kids have really been enjoying playing out there. In fact, since moving in, Zach has learned to ride without training wheels! Really surprised me since he's never really ridden a bike much before now because it was such a pain to get bikes out when in the apartment.
We are in our 3rd week of school. It's going really well, and while I hadn't planned on doing school with Abby, she INSISTS on sitting at the table with us, and she's blowing me out of the water with some things. Yesterday she colored a picture and did an amazing job staying in the lines. The other two are doing really well, and I think we're mostly getting in the swing of things. We've begun almost every subject, but I think I'm waiting another week or two to begin spelling. We just began our handwriting workbook today, but were definitely working on handwriting previously. It's really nice to have Zach and Hannah doing a lot of the same grade stuff.
Jon has taken on teaching the adult religious education class for our church. It meets the same time as the children's. I really did not want to enroll the kids, because they use the same exact curriculum as we're using for religion at home, and I hate making my Sunday's feel so busy instead of relaxed. However, God eventually showed me that by allowing them all to go and JOn to go, I get an hour and half of alone time, which I can use to prepare our school lessons for the coming week. They just started this past Sunday and the kids all loved it. I also enjoyed the time of preparing and focusing w/out being interrupted. Win for all. Only problem is it makes for a VERY, VERY Long day. We get up at 6:30, and get to church at 8am so Jon can warm up for choir. Then their class is over at 12:30. Afterwards this week, we also had to go to the commissary, so we didn't get home until 2. I'm sure we'll get in the hang of things quickly.
I'm now 31 weeks pregnant. I will have a repeat c-section at 39 weeks at the latest. However, I've never made it to 39 weeks, so baby could be here in less than 8 weeks. 8 weeks seems like a while still, but 5-7 weeks, like the other kids were, seems like forever. My blood sugars are really becoming more difficult to manage. I'm doing my best, but I just need LOTS of insulin. So there is also discussion of scheduling me earlier than 39 weeks. It's a fine balance of how long to keep baby in there. I finally ordered the car seat, so hopefully that will be here before baby arrives! ;-) Otherwise, I'm not really ready for it. I need to sort through baby clothes, see what I have, wash it, organize it, etc. I started at one point, like a week ago... ;-) It's just very daunting.
Well, that's our current life in a nut shell. All in all, we are so much happier in our new house. I think it's evident in all of our attitudes. God is so good and has greatly blessed us here!
0 comments:
Post a Comment