Sunday, August 11, 2013

A bit better

So, sometime between my last post, and today, things have gotten better in our house.

  • VBS ended-wahoo! It was great, but I was exhausted!
  • Master bedroom complete packed up
  • All 10 or so loads of laundry folded and put away
  • den picked up, even vacuumed and swept
  • dishes have been done daily
  • master bathroom was even cleaned!
  • kids' books boxed in to 2 boxes, with just a small handful left
  • all toys are now in their room instead of the house
  • A few other boxes were packed
So, I feel better about my overall house, may be a little less embarrassed now. Tomorrow my big goals are clean the kids' bathroom and sweep the kitchen/dining room and do a half-hearted job of mopping. Hopefully I'm up for it, since I spent the day with BH contractions. I know it's because I'm dehydrated. We went to a park yesterday afternoon with friends. It was soooo much fun. The men and teens played a lot of kick ball and football. Jon broke his toe (And has a PT test this week!!!), we ate a picnic potluck dinner and just really enjoyed the company. Unfortunately, it was a farewell to one of our friends. We're really sad to see them go. In good news though, we are buying their car, so we will have a 2nd car for the first time in 3 yrs! May seem a bit weird. 

Which reminds me, I'm feeling the need to buy a car seat, and grr! Baby is due in less than 3mo, which is a while still, but when you consider i have to have it shipped from the states, I need to get on it. It's frustrating. I had decided since I never really took the infant seat out of the car with Abby, I just wore her all the time, and my kids were usually only in them about 6mo, that I was going to skip the infant seat this time and just buy a convertible. Then Jon randomly said that we should buy an infant seat, for a few reasons, and I can't decide if the reasons are good enough or not. The only thing convincing me is that I'd keep baby warmer walking into/out of places in a seat with blanket or cover, than trying to get it in the wrap before going in. Not sure if that's enough of a reason or not though... 

Anyway, this is the big week. I'm nervous, excited, scared, excited, all kinds of things! It's going to be a busy week, but hopefully I can take it easy on Monday and Tues. And get rehydrated before the move ;-) 

0 comments: