Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Oops, a while huh? Big news and lots of little news

Someone told me it'd been a while since I posted the other day... Hmm, end of Feb, and today's the first of March? Wow! That is a long time! Sorry readers! So, what has been going on?

Winter was dreadful, and lasted up until about 2 weeks ago. Then a few beautiful days, followed by spring- chilly and wet. Ugh, it hasn't been joyful weather. Up until about 2 weeks ago, my life consisted of a LOT of all.day nausea, because we're expecting again! I'm 11 weeks now, and I've seen a heartbeat, so we're feeling safe enough to tell the internet world. We're due in Nov., so summer with no A/C while pregnant will be a blast haha. At least I've survived 2 summers in CO with no A/C and an Aug baby in FL. I'll manage. We're so incredibly excited about what the future holds for this new one. My girls wake up almost every morning and climb in bed with me and ask "Can we talk to the baby?" I told them it's important to talk to the baby because that's how the baby learns to recognize their voice. I love hearing them talk to it, and asking when they can feel it kick haha.

So, aside from that, 2 weeks ago when warm weather showed up, the girls had fevers for 5 days. Finally took them to the doctor- ear infection, almost pneumonia, and bronchitis. Finally got better for cold weather and rain to show up. Last week we had a base-wide cleanup, to clean the areas around our apartment. Jon cut a bunch of low branches off some trees, and we're so proud of how much better it looks. I'm trying to catch up with the house now that I have some energy again, but then there's days like today, where I was planning on having energy, but instead I have no voice and a nasty cold.

As you can tell, there really hasn't been much excitement going on in our lives. Zach started tball for the first time in April. He hates it, but we told him he has to stick it out and can't quit half way through. The only exciting thing is we're heading to Disney Paris in a few weeks. The kids don't understand lol, and Jon is NOT happy about it. I've been told that if I've been to Disney Orlando, lower my expectations, so I have. I figure we're going for the kids, and as long as they have fun, that's all that matters.

Now, if nice weather can just show up, preferably before we head to Disney, that would be wonderful. It would also be nice in general, so we can start getting outside! Well, there you have it- the not so exciting story of our current life.

3 comments:

Just the 5 of us said...

First of all, it's MAY not march, pregnancy brain much!? ;)
Second, I love that your girls talk to the baby. How sweet! :)
Love you and am so excited for the newest little one!!!

Aimee said...

Ha, very good point! I guess I do have pregnancy brain. Or I'm lazy. Or both. Thanks girl!

Man, I haven't posted, OR READ blogs in a long time apparently!

Just the 5 of us said...

lol I blog more frequently now just b/c I like to write.. Today's post was more of a vent. hahaha