Thursday, May 30, 2013

Disneyland, Paris

A few months ago, someone was talking about Disneyworld, and it got me all sentimental and wanting to go back. My family, growing up in FL, went to Disney almost yearly. Not always to the Magic Kingdom, but at least to go camp at our favorite campsite, Fort Wilderness. But I have many fond memories of Disney.

Two years ago, when my husband was home on R&R, we went to Disneyworld on Christmas break. HORRIBLE idea. Packed, long lines, miserable. My husband completely wrote off Disney forever. But when my friend started talking about it, it made me want to take the kids and try again. Since Disneyworld is a LONG flight away, I decided to look in to Disneyland Paris. There was a deal, stay 3 nights, get the 4th free, and it came with park tickets for every day. I brought it up to my husband, and was shocked when he said "whatever". So I booked us a 5 day trip!

We went the week before last, and had a blast. I've heard many say if you've been to Disneyworld, this will stink in comparison. I admit, it didn't have as much to offer. The park is definitely smaller, but it was nice. We weren't overwhelmed, we spread it out over 3 days, and the kids had a BLAST. They got to see so many princesses, and come home with a Barbie princess each. Zach got to see his favorite characters (yes, including Rapunzel), and got to come home with a cool pirate sword and telescope. They loved the pirate ride (Well, except Abby, she kept getting more scared the more we rode it!), the train, and the roller coasters. Zach loved Thunder Mountain, and Abby and Hannah loved a kids' version of a train roller coaster. They even put their hands in the air the entire time. Which now has Abby doing it in the car all the time.

The tolls were EXPENSIVE. It was just less than €30 each way.

We stayed in the Disney property cabins, Davy Crockett Ranch. They were GREAT. THey had a charcoal grill, a kitchen with stove, microwave and fridge, a little table, a master room with double bed and bathroom, and then the kids had a bathroom with 3 twin beds in it. They thought it was so cool and had a blast in "their room". We took our own food, and ate 2-3 meals there each day, with a few meals at the parks. We did eat at Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe because hey! It was "American food!", something we dont get often. And yes, I totally got a good ol' hamburger!

Overall, we had a great trip. The kids loved it. The true testament of how much they loved it? They've been talking about it since. I caught them all sitting on a cot, pretending it was a ride yesterday, Zachary pulling the lever like he did on the Dumbo ride. I find them talking about the princess all the time still. Memories were definitely created, and it was a great experience. And I think my husband had a great time as well! ;-)

1 comments:

Haylee said...

What a great vacation! I've never been to Disney, but it's on my Bucket List. :)

I'm excited to follow your blog!


jetsandabrunette.blogspot.com