Wow, when did blogger change? Has it really been that long since I last posted?? Hello new, and annoying look. Everything about Google has changed (blogger, gmail, etc.) It's very hard on my eyes. I guess that's a sign I'm getting old.
Anyway, that was not the point of my post. Quite frankly, I"m not sure what the point of my post will be tonight. Has anyone else noticed what I've noticed? This hole that sucks you in. I'm on an online forum, there's the crazy facebook, and every woman's favorite, pinterest. I check all of these plus email daily, several times a day. But then, there's more. I see on facebook this great mothering article everyone is sharing, or the awesome homeschool blog my friend just discovered, or my husband says "Did you hear the news about XYZ?" And I'm off to google that. So I go to start reading, and I'm in the hole, getting sucked in.
I'm beginning to realize that while blogs and pinterest are great and offer incredible ideas to use, I need to be leery. They are sucking my time, and making me feel bad about the things I can't accomplish. There was this great article published recently, and I think so much of it rang true.
I'm also noticing another trend in my life, that I hear of something "good, noble, holy," whatever it is, and I think "that's awesome, I should try it." For example, recently some friends talked about how they felt convicted to dress nicely for church. I mentioned how I've always felt that way for Sunday, but weekday mass, not as much. Then I realize how stupid that sounded, because during the week and on Sunday, I am before Christ, and should look nice.
But then, while I was thinking this over and trying to decide if this was for me, God smacked me. He said (something like) "I was talking to her about that. Not you. I've called you to work on so many other things right now, that how you dress during weekday mass is not important right now. Right now, I want to see you at week day mass, that's it. I don't care how you look. It's your heart that I want. And aside from that, I want you to work on your relationship with your children and me. Your dress isn't important right now. I want you praying for your husband and your children more. I want you teaching them Bible verses. If you are dressed modestly, I don't care if you're in jeans or a dress, or if your hair is covered or thrown in a scrunchie with your fly-aways nailed down with hairspray. I just want you. Seeking after Me."
So, with that said, there are some women I "know" in my life, that I want to get to know better. Women who seem so... well, holy. I am not saying they are perfect, but they are similar to what I envision being one day. And I don't mean they are great at cooking everything from scratch, every meal on the table at 5:30, house perfect, are on top of homeschooling, etc.
No, I mean they know how to talk to their children and have their children listen, they know how to use gentle voices with their children, and you can tell they are instilling great spiritual ideas in their children, like that beauty is on the inside, not physically. THESE are the women I want to get to know, I pray I can get to know better, so that I can learn by their examples. I'm sure they've worked long and hard at it, and I want to learn by their example. These are the areas I feel God is wanting me to work on right now. Not the cute craft ideas on pinterest, or the awesome themed party this girl on that blog threw for her one year old who doesn't even understand it's her birthday. No, it's teaching my children the basics of how to live a good, holy, Catholic life.
Harga Sunblock Wardah 2017 terbaru
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment