Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Short homeschooling thought

I saw this in a comment I read on a blog, and I loved the idea so much, I wanted to share (and write it down to remember). This woman was talking about being stationed in Germany and homeschooling, and how each summer, they do a unit study. The first summer was on WWI, and they visited many WWI places. This summer will be on Middle Ages, with a goal to visit a new castle each week. And next summer will be WWII, including a trip to Normandy Beach. There are so many places we could visit here, that if I could come up with a "unit study" like that, and focus where we're going on that, and give the kids more info before we go, it might be really worth while! Loved the idea!


1 comments:

Stina said...

Sounds great! I'm looking at doing something like that next year based on a book of Virginia I have. Might as well put all of this military moving to good use, right?